Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dear Kraft, why are you trying to kill me...

I have a confession to make, I love Kraft dinner... I know what you're thinking, some of you read this and think what's the big deal it's delicious and contains powder, how bad can powder be? Others are thinking, you're gross-er than an unwashed limb in a cast and that's pretty gross. Kraft dinner has been my go to quick and easy no effort necessary dinner since I can remember. Moreover, Kraft dinner has kept me warm and fed on many a poor college night. I never really though about what was in it until last night, I don't even know if I've even read the box, couldn't tell you what the instructions are. Kraft dinner for my generation is the one meal that anyone no matter how lazy or inept can cook. I like my KD, but now....

Kraft dinner is not good for you; that is if your definition of good is, healthy, nutritious, non-obese causing...

I found this info on Original recipe KD and it grossed me out a little.

Per cup, I would assume that's per cup prepared not dry (70 g) you get:
(aside, I don't eat a cup, I eat the whole box because I'm 6' 200 lbs. and a cup won't do, it's probably 4+ times that)
• 651 mg of salt - that's 23% of what Canada's horribly fatty food guide recommends - that's bad...
• 47.5 g of carbohydrates - that's 16% - but it's pasta so that's expected - if you're lazy your body stores those carbs for later; I think later is your 40's when you get diabetes or have your first eye opening stroke...
• and all of the other wonderful things that come with highly processed foods with no shelf expiration date, at least it has iron though, they say it's good for kids.

None of this shit surprises me, it's readily available on any Google search; what pisses me off is that on this quest I found a contest on the Kraft page to take the KD pledge... Essentially you send in a video to pledge your allegiance to a life filled with Orange cheese flavored pasta, consequence free?..

Eat the KD Smart stuff, its got cauliflower, or is that just good marketing taking advantage of lazy people...

Sincerely,

Benner, I want something health sans bullshit and marketing, I can't eat your marketing...

No comments:

Post a Comment